Monday, June 29, 2009

Breast Cancer Concerns

I try to focus on all the things that I do right about prevention of breast cancer so I don't dwell on the vast numbers of women (and a few men) who are diagnosed daily. I take vitamin D & do spend some time in the sun, sleep in a dark room, consume lots of good fats and try to watch my bad fats even though we eat out a lot. Because my mother had diabetes, I try hard to watch the consumption of simple carbohydrates (OK sometimes I just watch me consume them, but I'm trying.). I think I'm on the safest bet for hormone supplementation. I'm scheduled for my thermogram next week. But after watching Dr. Mercola's video about breast cancer prevention I realize that I'm not risk free. I allow stress to enter my life and I did take birth control pills for many years.

My new focus:
More GOOD fats
Handle stressors better
Severely limit simple carbohydrates

If you need to refocus you might consider watching http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/06/27/Stop-Read-This-BEFORE-You-Get-that-Mammogram.aspx. I'm still a little 'iffy' about his statements about mamograms and if my physician still wants me to have one after the results of my thermogram, I will have one. After all. the patient and physician are a team and both have to be comfortable in treatment options.

No comments:

King s Compounding Pharmacy

Amarillo, Texas, United States
King's Compounding Pharmacy is a full service pharmacy specializing in compounded prescriptions and nutrition. Please check out our website at www.kingscompoundingpharmacy.com.