Monday, August 3, 2009

Human Interest

Mother Teresa said "What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; build anyway”. I have a great admiration for people with initiative, those with a vision. I would like to bring to your attention a couple sets of visionaries. My daughter Ginny and son-in-law BJ have a good friend, Zac, a good man who has become afflicted with cancer. My response and that of many is to pray and wring your hands and wish there was something more I could do. I’m proud to share that BJ and some of his friends have taken their concerns a step further and set up a web site and a fundraising event to help defray some of Zac’s immediate financial needs. While I was resting from a hard days work or puttering in the garden, BJ was working numerous hours (along with his wife and friends) on the Flat Zac Classic and training for said event. Check out their efforts at FlatZacClassic.org.

Another immediate financial medical need is for young Kashton, an 11 year old special needs child here in Amarillo. Kashton’s parents and family members are another set of “go-getters”. They, through word of mouth, sold Kashton’s Krew T-shirts to raise money to rent the Amarillo Drag Way. Well, because I’d do just about anything for Kashton and his parents, I bought us a set of T-shirts, and we spent Friday night at the “drags”. From what I hear it was the biggest night at the drags since the hey day of the 70’s and a huge success for a family who refuses to sit around and wring their hands.

Mother Teresa would be so proud & I’ve advanced from wringing my hands to clapping them for these events.

No comments:

King s Compounding Pharmacy

Amarillo, Texas, United States
King's Compounding Pharmacy is a full service pharmacy specializing in compounded prescriptions and nutrition. Please check out our website at www.kingscompoundingpharmacy.com.