Thursday, August 27, 2009

Who's Worried About the Flu?

I'm going to:
Eliminate sugar and processed foods from mydiet. (Sugar consumption has an immediate, debilitating effect on your immune system.)
Take a pharmaceutical grade source of omega 3 (fish oil)
Exercise (My immune system needs good circulation in order to perform at its best for me.)
Optimize my Vitamin D levels. (Vitamin D deficiency is a likely cause of seasonal flu viruses. Getting an optimal level of vitamin D will help me fight infections of all kinds.)
Get plenty of good quality sleep (Sleep in a dark room; remove hazards between me and the bathroom for middle of the night trek so I won't have to turn the light on.)
Deal with stress effectively. (If I feel overwhelmed by stress, my body will not have the reserves it needs to fight infection.)
Wash my hands. (duh)
These steps give me confidence that, should the flu strike, I will be at my best to prevent a serious illness.

We'll see...

No comments:

King s Compounding Pharmacy

Amarillo, Texas, United States
King's Compounding Pharmacy is a full service pharmacy specializing in compounded prescriptions and nutrition. Please check out our website at www.kingscompoundingpharmacy.com.